Saturday, March 24, 2012

First Round of NCAA Tournament


The first round of the NCAA Tournament really disappointed me.  I have been a huge Duke fan my whole life because of my father.  I will always support Duke no matter the outcome of a game.  Duke lost to Lehigh in the first round due to lack of concentration.  The final score was 75-70.  Duke has a young team this year so they are in the process of building a great team.  Ryan Kelly, one of Duke’s strongest players, wasn’t able to play due to an injury and that definitely hurt the team as a whole.  In the last two minutes, Duke had a chance to come back and win, but rushed to make three-pointers.  If they would have slowed down a bit and concentrated on what they were doing I think they could have won the game and moved on to the next round.  On top of rushing to make shots, they also carelessly fouled Lehigh.  Lehigh played a great game and deserved to move on to the next round.  I think Duke will have a better team next year because they will be more experienced as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment